Preventing injuries during sports and play can preserve the health and beauty of your smile. These web resources provide more information about mouth guards and common mouth injuries to help you smile brightly for life:
- This article on Livestrong.com provides instructions on how to properly clean your mouth guard after each use to keep it in great condition.
- Mouth injuries frequently occur in children while they are playing or exploring. If your child sustains an injury, follow these care tips from WhatToExpect.com.
- What is a mouth guard and how does it protect your teeth ? You can find plenty of information about mouth guards on this page from KnowYourTeeth.com.
- What should you do in the event of a mouth injury? Colgate.com explains how to handle dental emergencies .
- Oral injuries may involve damage to the teeth, lips, tongue, or other parts of the mouth. This page on EverydayHealth.com outlines some common mouth injuries you may encounter.
University Associates in Dentistry is the official dental team for the Chicago Blackhawks. Our general and cosmetic dentists are experts in the field of dental implant placement, sleep apnea treatment, and more. You can learn more about improving your dental health by calling (312) 704-5511 or by clicking through our blog.